Tuesday, October 07, 2008

super paraphrase

Dallas Willard paraphrasing Matthew's quotation of Jesus (28.18-20):

I have been given say over everything on heaven and earth. So go make apprentices to me among people of every kind. Submerge them in the reality of the Trinitarian God. And lead them into doing everything I have told you to do. Now look! I am with you every minute, until the job is completely done!

This paraphrased quote (or "verse" as some call it :) was floating around my head on a recent walk. I was woken up by some friends to go on a walk and enjoy the beautiful fall day (they said no more than 3 hours. Um - 6 1/2 hours, 20 km, and 2 nasty blisters later...). It was a phenomenally clear day - everything looked closer; nearly everything within sight was visible from the mountain. Seeing villages of 2 ethnic groups dotted around the mountains (some quite remote indeed) as well as our town with home upon home spanning from one mountain to the next...well, it made me think about this again. I suppose he knew how overwhelming this sounds - even now 2000 years later.

ps - the pictures don't hold a candle to how gorgeous it was...



No comments: