(or “roberta the self-horn tooter who really needs a bucketload of humilty).A worker here in Gjilan, Di the OT (occupational therapist here with CAMA) has a dog who just, 2 weeks ago, had 7 pups. Kids are jerkballs to dogs (including nursing shedogs) and sometimes fight them at night. Somehow they got their sicko little paws on Di’s dog and the dog disappeared (flippin’ full of milk). A little less than 2 days later, we were informed that the dog was under a porch. Roberta the valiant volunteered to crawl under the porch about 8 feet amidst pooh, eggshells, loads of garbage, spiders, and all other icky goop, and be a dog-saving hero. There was only about 15-18 inches of wiggle-room height-wise. I was pretty fond of myself after I had a successful time rescuing the poor dog...(it took me almost 45 minutes...she was dehydrated and probably went there to die).
Unfortunately, the story didn’t end there. The dog somehow got an infection and still couldn’t nurse her pups (meaning more puppy bottle-feeding boding time). Di took her to the vet, and an operation, lots of tender love and care, and a couple of sleepless nights later, the dog didn’t make it. So, although our hope of not having to bottle-feed 7 pups for a couple of weeks was briefly rejuvenated, it did not last (and unfortunately still, the runt we called Runt did not make it either).
The pups’ names: Blackie, Snoopy, Mutt-face (although di calls her something nicer), Porky, Grizzly, and Goose. I haven’t been helping Di too much as of late with her feeding regime…in part because I’m discovering that I attach rather quickly to the bum-wiggling, soft-eared, bottle-sucking little mutts. But it was a nice distraction of sorts and kind of therapeutic to spend time with them. They’re going to be “sold” once they’re weaned. Any takers?
No comments:
Post a Comment